Photo By Michael Hodge
I’m not usually the biggest fan of winter, I’ll be honest. I hate cold weather and I hate snow. I know that as a native of the Midwest, I should be completely comfortable in the cold, but I’m just not. I have failed my roots. However, this year I am feeling some anticipation about the winter and I don’t know why. There is something that excites me about getting some things done. The other three seasons are full of distractions. But I feel like I can focus in the winter. I have several things I want to accomplish in the coming season.
– paint with my new-ish watercolor set
– learn some new songs to add to my guitar repertoire
– clean out my closet (simplify, simplify, simplify)
– continue running (even though I hate treadmills and the weather won’t permit running outside)
– find some delicious and easy lunches to bring to work so I don’t have to eat more Lean Cuisines
– do a No Spend Month (probably in February, as it’s the shortest month — ha)
– learn to cook (recipes with more than five ingredients)
This is going to be an interesting endeavor. Here’s hoping that by publicly announcing these goals I can keep myself accountable! I’m going to give it my best shot!
Do you have any goals for the coming season?